Friday, October 24, 2008

another doctor update!

Well, surprisingly everything went great. You will not believe what the doctor did today, I got my stales out and the doctor asked Billy if he wanted to get them out and Billy was up at my bedside like lightning and I am not so sure of this. The doctor came over and took two staples out and handed Billy the tool to take them out now let me tell you I was a bit uncomfortable the funny thing is when he showed Billy how to do it he left the room and never came back as he was leaving out of the room I was saying please doctor don't you want to stay in here and supervise him and he said "No he will do just fine and I said that is a matter of opinion. Really he did fine and he really felt like he had done something, a few times it was painful but all in all it went pretty smooth.
The doctor said my gloucose level was high and he said that some people become a diabetic but he didn't think I was he just hasn't gotten the medicine right yet this could take a while.
I asked the doctor about when he thought I could get out and he said whenever I felt like it as long as I was very cautious that meant if I go anywhere I cannot touch anybody, shake their hands because this is where the infection always comes from. I know yall are all saying "She better not go out anywhere just yet" I agree, I still am not up to traveling much so I will be in for at least two more weeks and then I will go out for short amounts of time.
I want you all to know I am the luckiest person in the world to have so many friends that really care for me. Having Christian friends is what has given me the strength I need to push myself to heal and heal fast.
Everyone who came to clean my house I give a big THANK YOU and I have keep it clean believe it or not, all of you put several hours into helping me out that really words can't explain how I feel about you. And whoever cleaned my refridgerator 'WOW'
it sure did need it Thank you. And those of you who fixed food for me and my family it has all been wonderful. The only thing is I haven't been able to find the salt substitute that i need for my food Thank you! Remember you all cannot talk about me my refrigerator was in such bad shape just remember that i had a great excuse all I use to do is sleep.
You know I am now up past 11 a lot. I was surprised the other night when Jasmine and Alex came downstairs and was so excited about me still up, now Billy was already asleep. It amazes me at the small details that mean a lot I am bound and determined to not miss anything anymore. I have enjoyed being able to just lay up in the bed and watch Television. Sally has been coming and staying with me because Billy is still insecure about me being home by myself right now. Here is my and Sally's routine she comes in and she will crawl in on Billys side of the bed and I am on my side and there we are watching tv and sleeping. Now yall remember that Sally has an injury also her foot is still hurting her so we are healing together how fun is that, we really look funny but hey it works. Then around lunchtime we get up and eat a breakfast or lunch whichever is the time we get up. It has been nice having someone over in case I do need something now I try to do things myself but I am not overdoing it.
Love you all Mary

4 friendly comments:

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

I am so happy for you! I am so glad that Mary is smiling again! Love you! I have not been to see you because I have been sick since your surgery; however, I am still praying for you every single day! You're so special!

Kim said...

I can't wait until we can get everyone well so we can visit again! It's driving me crazy!!!! I think we'll all be well in a couple of days...at least I'm hoping!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! I am so glad to hear your doctor appointment went well. I wish you a continued speedy recovery! :)

You are still in my prayers.

Much love,
Erin