Monday, October 27, 2008

just a rock in the road for me

Well, I will have to say that my visit this morning sent us in a loop. He said that my blood work had doubled since Friday and he was real concerned about it. The doctor practicneer came in and he said out of the blue that your new liver has pbc like your old one had and immediately Billy said I want to see Dr. McGuire or Dr. Dubay he said he was not leaving until we saw one of them and Beth my coordinator came in and right behind her was the doctors and he said if pbc comes back in your new liver it will be between 10 to 15 years later not this soon. He said that other doctor had to much knowledge and didn't know how to use all of it and I said I don't want to see him again and he said ok.
Dr. McGuire said if I am rejecting the Liver there was several treatments to do. 1. They could put me in the hospital and run a heavy dose of predisone in me for like 2 days. 2. They are going to have to really work with getting my medicines all fixed and that could take a while.
I had to be at the Kirkland Clinic at 2:30 today for the ultrasound and tomorrow I have to be at the surgery floor on first to have a liver biopsy. The biopsies I had before they found out what was going on with me was rough and it hurt but he told me that he would sedate me and I wouldn't know what was going on which made me feel better about it. When they get these results back they should know what is going on with me it may take a couple of days afterwards but he said they will find out what is happening.
Love Mary

3 friendly comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything will go well and you will get to feeling better again very soon.

Take care.

Love,
Erin

Jazz said...

I know everything will be ok!! I LOVE YOU MOMMY! hope everything will go ok today!!!

Emily said...

Praying that everything turns out well for you!