Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ok here is the newest update on My Liver

I went yesterday to get my port out and my thinking was if you put me to sleep to put it in then why not put me to sleep to take it out, but this is to simple, no sleep medicine for me he just snips the sutures and says here we go and I just hold my breath and he pulls it out well, it wasn't as bad as I thought I took it like a man lol. I was very glad to get the port out it was in my way.

Ok everyone here is what is going on with me. Since the Plasma Pheresis did not work ( this was the last thing they would try) they sat us down and had a nice talk with Billy and myself. He said he wanted the transplant ASAP. I will have to go through numerous tests like EKG and lots of blood work and also see a Physciarist ( My brother in law David Courington told me that is not a bad thing I need one of them he was joking of course but it did get a laugh out of me).

My only problem with this transplant is that someone has to pass away for me to get this transplant, I know that this person has a loved one that loves him/her and that hurt is so deep. I still hurt everyday missing my mom and I find it hard to accept that someone has to pass to help me. I do understand that the person is passing anyway but it still doesnt help the fact that someones family just lost a loved one and my heart will hurt for that family even though I will not know them.

The doctor took me off of all of my medicine because it isn't working so why take it, I don't have to see any doctors anymore until the day of my transplant yes I have to have test but I don't have to see the doctor before them because I already have and they ordered the tests. I will have to have an EKG and lots of blood work and after all of this the doctors will meet on Tuesday and discuss my situation and send me a letter to let me know what is going on.

Dr. Bynon is one of the best transplant doctors at UAB and he will be doing the surgery the surgery will last 4 hours not very long and the only thing my family has a problem with is that they will keep me asleep for 2 days after the surgery because some people panic with the respirator and if that happens the tubes could shift and that could puncture the Liver and that's not a good thing. The only thing I ask of anyone that comes to visit me while I sleep is to not talk to me till I can talk back I can't stand the thought of not being able to talk to my freinds. haha. After that I will be moved to the transplant floor for 10 to 14 days or longer and then go home. I will have to be on rejections medication for the rest of my life and on autoimmune medicines for about 4 months and then will be weened off like a baby being weened off a bottle. the only concern with these medications is that some people become a diabetic, I don't eat many sweets anyway.

All of the fatalities are very low like in the one percent and 5 percent so Dr. Bynon says there is no reason I won't swing back in a hurry and get back to a healthy life, it will slow me down some. I will be off work for about 2 months he said maybe I could go back half a week in a month but that depends on the person.

I will have to be where I can just up and go whenever they call me like 45 minutes time frame, they can hold a donor for about that long to an hour this is prep time an all so it will be a quick when it happens and really no preparations.

I want all of you to know I don't want you to worry about me I am fine with this information and situation because I know God is in control and will be with me every step of the way. I can't wait to wake up and NO ITCHING!!!! that will make it worth it all to me so be very excited for me and one more just make sure my family will be ok for those 2 days I am asleep take care of my son and daughter and husband I know they can take care of themselves but I worry about them seeing me and I can't talk to them and tell them I am ok so everyone just tell them for me.

Most of you know Sally Hyche, she is freaking out over this whole thing, she will probably need coached through all of this too but she will be ok. lol.

I love all of you and don't worry I will be great and can't wait to get this new part of my life started.. Love Mary

14 friendly comments:

Unknown said...

We're praying for you and love you so much!!

Crystal said...

We are continuing to pray for you and your family. If there is anything else, anything at all, we can do, please let us know. We love you and hope you can get a transplant quickly.

Anonymous said...

my prayers are with you. i love you very much you are my bestest friend. and we have been through alot and we will always be there for each other. you are the best.

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

Well Mary Mary I will be thinking about you all the way through this ordeal. Also I will be praying for you. Your are a very special person to me you always have been. I know we have not seen one another much and been able to talk alot. But that don't mean I have not been thingking about you. We love you so very much and May God Bless through all of this. Phyllis

Anita Lynn Tidwell said...

you are the top of my list, Mary. Prayer list that is... LOL I love You. You are Awesome...

Rachel said...

Hang in there Mary. I know that all will go well. We are praying for you.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

Mary Kent's Blog is Another Guy's Blog. Just like a man could not come up with anything better. But I guess this will have to do since there is only three guy's that have a blog now. Well take care and have a good day. Love you Phyllis.

Emily said...

If you need anything, I am here! You are in my prayers!

Katie said...

I love you and am praying for you everyday!

David Courington said...

No, I don't think a psych. would do you any good.(Tee Hee) Sometimes a good laugh on the outside helps the hurt on the inside. We love you and you are in our daily prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hey sister, I love you very much and know as long as you have God in control, that everything is going to be fine. I can't wait to paint you up like a clown when you are asleep for 2 days! haha, I'll take good care of you, don't you worry, it will be the best 2 days of sleep you will ever have, (I hope you still have eyebrows when you wake up and see yourself) heehee. Love you

canine bestiality stories said...

He cupped her, felt the hardened nipples pressing into his palms, as he moved her tits in slow, sensual circles. He started tofuck me slowly at first then a little faster and faster until hiships were a blur going up and down on me, his cock pumping harderand harder into my hot pussy.
gay teen boy sex stories
babysitter fuck stories
nipple masturbation stories erotica
free lesbian stories
young old incest sex stories
He cupped her, felt the hardened nipples pressing into his palms, as he moved her tits in slow, sensual circles. He started tofuck me slowly at first then a little faster and faster until hiships were a blur going up and down on me, his cock pumping harderand harder into my hot pussy.