Friday, August 10, 2007

Update on Liver

Yesterday and today have been very tiring for me. I got to UAB yesterday morning at 5:30 and about 7 they did the procedure I didn't feel anything because they put me to sleep but let me tell you afterwards this thing hurts. It looks like I have and input and output tube hanging out of my shoulder like you could hook me up to the tv and start playing a game. Last night I was so uncomfortable this things hurts even just to breathe but it is going to be ok. Well, today I left work at 12 and had to be at UAB at 1 Dad took me thank goodness. The treatment lasted 2andhalf hours and I did fine until she was unhooking the machine from my catherer and I got to feeling nauseated so on the way home my dad was so nervous because I said dad please pull over and we were in adamsville he pulls over right in front of this hardware store where people are still working and I said dad I can't throw up here go on down the road some so he just had to stop and when I got home I was still sick they said it was because they ran the last blood in too fast but not really normally they run the blood back at 50 for heavier people she said and she forgot to turn it back for me and they think that is what made me so sick or we hope. I will be going next Mon, Wed, Fri, and the next Mon. That will be a total of 5 treatments if there is no difference then we will have a consult for the transplant. Right now I am still itching.

5 friendly comments:

Granna said...

Well, the nutty nurse- she should have looked at skinny you and slowed it way down.
I am praying for some relief. I know you are tormented at the moment. If I could hypnotyze (I don't think I spelled that right????) you I would tell you that you don't itch- do you think that would work!

Anita Lynn Tidwell said...

hey Mary i pray things will improve for you...

mary said...

I wish it was that easy, if i thought that would work I would try it at least everyone would get a laugh out of me being hypnotyzed whatever.

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

I hope thing's get better for you in the future. You are such a special to me. You make me laugh when I need one. I know I have not been around much to talk to but I do think about. I want thing's to get better for you. Well take care and May God Bless you and your family. I have a blog now it is Nana's Blog.

Mandi said...

I remember my rash, but that doesn't even compare. Love you girl, Mandi